How Much Does Lead Remediation Cost?
Need to hire a lead remediation company? Wondering how much it will cost you? You’re at the right place.
This simple guide explains everything you always wanted to know about lead remediation.
What is lead?
Lead is a highly toxic substance found in paint. It can cause a number of severe health issues in people of all ages, especially children. Therefore, the federal government had banned the use of lead paint in the 1978.
However, many older properties built before the ban, still contain significant amounts of lead.
Why is lead harmful?
Various studies have revealed the harmful effects of lead paint. It can cause a wide range of mental and physical conditions, including lead poisoning.
Children are more susceptible to lead poisoning due to the fact that they have underdeveloped brains. So, excessive exposure to lead paint can result in a number of fatal health issues in children, such as:
- Behavioral problems (irritable, moody, hyperactive)
- Learning disabilities
- Speech delay
- Lower intelligence as compared to children of the same age
- Lack of energy
- Lack of appetite
Lead exposure can cause these issues in adults:
- Changes in mood or personality
- Sleep issues
- Memory loss
- Brain fog
- Heart attack
- Kidney damage
- Weakness in muscles
- High BP
- Severe abdominal pain or cramps
- Extreme fatigue
Lead removal 101
Before you decide to remove lead from your place, keep these factors in mind:
- Lead is often present in older properties. So, if your home was built after 1978, there is a chance you’re not at risk.
- Testing is important. Make sure you consult a professional testing agency to determine lead levels at your place.
- Lead poses health risks if the affected materials are moved or disturbed. As long as your home paint is in good condition, you’re safe. However, if it begins to crack or deteriorate, consult a professional asbestos remediation PA
- Lead poisoning occurs slowly over a period of many months or years. But, once it enters the body, it can cause a lot of damage to the red blood cells.
Uncovering lead remediation cost
Once you know that your home has lead, you will have to invest in lead remediation service.
Remediation involves total removal of lead paint from your home. In most cases, average removal cost can come down to $1,836. However, this depends on property size (square foot) as well as the amount of lead paint present.
If you’re interested in getting a lead remediation service quote for your property, do not hesitate to contact us.